The works that are being carried out in the San Juan street in the center of Segovia, the street that serves as the main access to the walled city, has brought to light the archaeological remains that were foreseen before starting the works.
Thus, the foundation of the San Juan Gate, which was shot down 130 years ago, and a cube of the medieval wall of Segovia.
The door, dating from the 16th centuryIt was demolished in 1888 with the aim of widening the street and with that measure, allowing access for carriages.
These foundations are the only thing that remains of the door and their location in the place was known, so they will be re-documented and added in the planimetry, in addition to carrying out various added studies, to later conserve them underground as it is the only option available so that they do not interfere with normal use. of the street.
Image: Caja Segovia Foundation
After studying History at the University and after many previous tests, Red Historia was born, a project that emerged as a means of dissemination where you can find the most important news about archeology, history and humanities, as well as articles of interest, curiosities and much more. In short, a meeting point for everyone where they can share information and continue learning.